If you have problems joining or renewing “online”, please use one of our mail-in / fax forms located here.
The Florida Association of Mortgage Professionals mission is to advance the mortgage profession through advocacy, education and ethical practice. Since 1960, FAMP has been constantly looking for ways to protect brokers legislatively and to enhance the benefits we provide as an association.
What has FAMP done for you?
- In 1973, FAMB founded the National Association of Mortgage Brokers with Walter Smith, an FAMB Past President, serving as the first President of NAMB
- In 1990, members of FAMB were appointed to the Sunset Task Force covering the re‐write of FS494, our state’s lending law
- From 1992 to 1994, members of our Government Affairs Committee and Association leadership testified before Congress regarding the national reform of RESPA and TILA
- In 2001, FAMB was instrumental in requesting the Florida legislature to institute continuing education for brokers and originators
- FAMP served on a coalition to write the Florida Fair Lending Act, our state’s high‐cost statut
- In 2007, Association leadership served on a Task Force headed by then CFO Alex Sink to discuss the Housing and Economic Recovery Act and its implications for Florida
- From 2008 to 2010, Association leadership worked closely with the Senate Banking and Insurance Committee and the Florida Office of Financial Regulation to implement the minimum standards of SAFE into FS494
- In 2012, Association leadership was selected by CFPB to serve on a panel discussing loan origination compensation changes and helped to prevent Flat Fee Broker Comp
- In 2014, Association leadership played a pivotal role in amending FS494. Changes include late renewals for all license types, the elimination of state‐required disclosure